Served with Sweet Potato or brown rice and Steamed Vegetables
Stuffed foods are always fascinating. I find flat ones too dull and dry unless it is still juicy inside, seasoned well or has a really great sauce to go with it.
I love to eat and so when I cook, I would always try to experiment on different recipes and tweak it a bit.
The Stuffed Chicken is similar to the famous Chicken Cordon Bleu Dish. However, instead of using the Italian Prosciutto, I am using spinach, diced tomato and Mozzarella cheese for the stuffing to add more flavor and make it juicier. Moreover, the dish is fried all the way without flour coating which makes this dish lighter.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
– 4 Boneless Chicken Breast (Get organic chicken if you can)
– Salt (Himalayan, unrefined sea salt or any other natural salt)
– Black Pepper
SPINACH & DICED TOMATO STUFFING
– Mozzarella cheese
– Diced Tomato
– Olive Oil for Frying
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Butterfly the Chicken Breast
- Season it with salt, pepper and rosemary
- Lay a few spinach on each side of the chicken breast
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Mozzarella cheese
- Add just enough of dice tomatoes
*** Do not over stuff the chicken as it will leak out during the cooking process
6. Close the chicken by rolling it into a roulade and secure it using a baker’s twine or a toothpick
7. Heat the skillet with olive oil from high to medium heat
8. Brown the chicken by frying it for about 5 to 8 minutes until you see the cheese oozing out of the chicken
9. Once it is cooked, cut the chicken into thick slices
10. Drizzle the chicken with a sauce of your choose and serve it with sweet potato or brown rice and steamed vegetables
I still made some variations on the chicken toppings. The first one would be just crushed tomato seasoned with salt, rosemary and black pepper. The second one would be the pesto sauce cooked with crushed tomato. Although the dish itself doesn’t really need a sauce as it is already juicy. I don’t want to overpower the stuffing flavor, but you can still do because sometimes some sauces will even bring out the flavor of the dish. This chicken dish is perfect for picnics and packed lunches that you could take with you and enjoy with friends and loved ones.